Alas, due to personal reasons, I am unable to travel to Egypt this year and much of the intended research I wished to share with you all has now been put on hold until a later date. But all not is lost, as there appears to be a million other things to do. So I thought it would be a good idea to list them rather than write one long paragraph......
1) I am now recording the various ‘grave-markers’ I come across on my respective travels. So I ask you all to have a little patience with me as I indulge in my new found passion for skull and cross bone iconography, swords, shovels, trumpets, skeletons and other relative symbols of mortality. The results will be published in an on-going 'Symbols of Mortality Monograph Series'.
2) I have now set up a new tour company called Ancient Scotland Tours, providing a variety of day tours around the north of Scotland. It is still in its infancy mind you, but things appear to be going well. Please make a note of the address - www.ancientscotlandtours.com. Contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to make contact if you are thinking of a trip to bonnie Scotland and would like some advice.
3) A local Scheduled Ancient Monument recently collapsed, not entirely unexpected if I'm honest, and I will be a member of the related work-party tasked with something archaeological I am guessing. I will take a series of pictures to share the comings-and-goings of said monument, so you can gauge the problems archaeology faces during these troubling times.
4) Five new pieces of work will be published in a variety of magazines in the next month or so. Not all about Egypt, but the majority are. I will keep you posted to as and when they are available to read.
5) If all goes well, I will be joining an excavation throughout the summer searching for the remains of prehistoric settlements in mountainous areas. More to follow on this.
6) Ye ole Warrior Women is now set for a total re-vamp, and a new title, and will be released in 2013. In all honestly, it will be an entirely new book and will bear no relation, whatsoever, to the old Osprey titled one.
7) Bookings for lectures are now coming in at a steady pace, very flattering, so please feel free to contact me if you would like a talk for your society. The two favourite subject matters appear to be ancient Egypt and warrior women! No surprise there!
8) Oh and don't forget, Murder at Medinet Habu is now out! So, until the next up-date I send best wishes to you all.