Thursday, July 11, 2013

Tempus Fugit

Well as is the norm of late my good intentions of keeping you all regularly up-dated have faltered at the first hurdle. I had no idea just how busy life would become since my last ‘News’ post. So much for me having a relaxing summer before my PhD resumes in the new academic year. It has been a world full of deadlines! Now where shall I begin? Lets’ commence with the Egypt news.  Firstly, there are many new talks coming up this autumn (see Appearances page) two of which, namely Ancient Egyptian Magic, are now both fully booked so I have been reliably informed. Inverness Museum has booked me again to give a talk on Ancient Egyptian Curses this coming 29th August and there is an exciting new Egypt project in hand commencing on Saturday 19th October. All will be revealed shortly. Other ancient Egyptian lectures in October and November are being organised as I speak. Work is progressing well on the book ‘The Little Book of Ancient Egyptian Curses’ and I am now hopeful that the release date will now be brought forward to October/November 2014. I was also very honoured recently to be asked to join the Egyptology/Museology Committee for FEMC (Friends of the Egyptian Museum, Cairo) I also have some online Egyptology courses planned.

My new photographic project entitled ‘Morte Photography’ is well under way and I hope to go public with it this coming week-end. A new gallery exhibition and book are planned for spring 2014 to coincide with this rather exciting fresh endeavour of mine.

I was privileged to be asked to contribute to a new American book entitled ‘Viral Mythology,’ by Marie D Jones and Larry Flaxman, which is due for release in January 2014. Further details will be forthcoming as and when I receive them.  I was also contacted by some American researchers about my elusive Warrior Women tome. Quite a few articles are also in the pipeline, hopefully to be released in the next few months.

Finally, I have been very busy indeed on a more local level I am pleased to say. From assisting The Kirkmichael Trust, acting as an advisor to the Ferriby Trust Education Project to digging in a field looking for medieval remains. All great fun and a timely reminder why I chose to devote my life to the heritage sector. Fingers crossed there will no longer be such pauses between up-dates.

Wishing you all a very pleasant summer, wherever you may be! Lorraine :)

No comments: